Filing paperwork & Managing To Do’s tips
In my ideal world I wouldn’t have to file paper.
In the real world I still collect a lot of paper over the course of a week from client forms & documents to workshop booklets. The pile on my desk can get out of control pretty quickly if I don’t keep on top of it.
I noticed I was really good at looking after the paper to do with my clients not so good at keeping on top of my working on the business To Do’s. A lot of my client have also found this a mayor pain.
The best advice is to
- Do it
- Dump it
Here is the simple system I have created to keep on top of the delegated items in my paper war.
2 Simple Tools
My life has been made easier with the use of Post It notes & Clear plastic L shaped Pockets for storing the documents in.
Step by Step Process
for those who love to learn this way …
- I group the paper in client names, Marketing To Do’s etc..
- Then I take a Post It note and write the title of the group of paper ( eg: Marketing To Do’s) on the sticky side up
- Then I place that group of documents in an L shaped clear pocket and stick the Post It note inside the folder
- Repeat till all paper is filed
- Then I go to my outlook calendar and note in my reoccuring Marketing appointment to check my To Do file.
- Then I store in my standing file on my desk.
- Once I have completed my To Do from the file I write in red pen actioned and the date
- If decide the paper is something I will need to refer I store it in my filing cabinet under the matching file name
- or I get to dump it in the rubbish bin – oooh now that feels good
- or if the other side is blank it gets recycled as drawing paper for my kids to use.
Photos for those who love to see how it works…
Happy filing from the team at Kiffin